The water and sanitation services entity under the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality, Johannesburg Water SOC ltd, is embarking on an unemployed youth development programme. This is a programme initiated to create opportunities for the unemployed youth who are interested in PLUMBING, BRICKLAYING, or WELDING by providing them with basic skills (including practical training).
- Unemployed youth
- Black SA citizens, as defined (ie. African, Coloured, and Indian)
- Aged between 18 and 35
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
The programme is targeted at the following designated groups: unemployed youth who are Black, women, and people with disabilities.
Applicants must be permanent residents in one of the following areas within the City of Johannesburg:
- Orange Farm
- Ivory Park
- Eldorado Park
- Johannesburg CBD and surroundings
Only applicants who meet the above requirements should submit the following documentation sealed in an envelope.
- CV no longer than 2 Pages
- Proof of Identity (Green barcoded ID document or Smart ID Card)
- Certified Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- ½ to 1 page motivation why you should be considered for the programme.
- Confirmation of address (municipality account) together with an affidavit for proof of residence in the targeted areas and letter signed by ward councillor confirming residence.
- Affidavit confirming unemployment
- Proof of disability (Where applicable)
Place your submissions:
Johannesburg Water Head Office,
17 Harrison Street,
Attention: The Accreditations and Supplier Development Manager
Ms Ithuteng Tabe
Closing Date: 05 July 2018 @ 12H00
Should you not receive a response by 31 July, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information: Johannesburg Water